Weak Weekly Update


I was completely unmotivated last week. Yes, I continued working on my edits; no, I didn't get very far. I find them almost impossible to stick with. I need to find a different system. Maybe write for 3/4 of my allotted time, edits for the other fourth. We'll see.  

So what I did was read. Naturally. I read Santino Hassell's Third Rail that is a leadup to Citywide, his collection of Five Boroughs shorts coming out November 13. If I've never mentioned that I love the 5B books, I'm mentioning it now. Never read them? Do it!

I also read Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan. She offered it free a few days ago, and I tend to grab free offerings. It's the second in the Minnesota Christmas series and now I really want to read the other three! 

And, I read Briefs by Anyta Sunday. It's a collection of happy-ending shorts. I read the first two, and maybe it was just my mood, but I found them a bit lack-luster. But I continued reading and really enjoyed the rest. I guess I ought to go back and re-read the first two, just out of curiosity. 

NaNo starts Wednesday. I'm still going back and forth about what I want to do, but I think I'll start and give it a week. If it looks like I can stick with it, I'll give it a go. I really do want to get Headphones revised. I think I'm just afraid it won't work in book form--too many characters. But no matter how I try to bend it, I can't figure out a way to separate them and focus each book in the series on a particular couple. So, biting the bullet and writing it in the original form. Fingers crossed it comes out cohesive!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble