Happy New Year! May 2018 Be Our Year!




Gulp, I haven't updated in almost a month! But to be honest, it was December, so I was busy with work, cookies, and events every weekend. And then my daughter came home for two weeks, so I had to move all of my stuff out of the spare bedroom and move it into our bedroom, which wasn't the most conductive to writing, because my husband was in and out. Having said that, I did get 23K words written, putting Headphones over 53K at this point. My goal for the novel is 60K+, so I'm easily tracking. Unless things go sideways in the next couple of weeks, I should finish "Out of the Cold", the first volumn of the Headphones trilogy, by mid-month. Then the challenge will be finding a few beta readers to give me some feedback, because I'm really up in the air on this one. But I'm not giving up!

Excerpt from Chapter 17:
Jay chased Headphones around the backyard, and her squeal turned into a hysterical laugh as he wrestled her to the ground to retrieve the hat that she’d yanked off his head. It was too bad [Mick] knew what he thought he knew about Jay and Scoey--even if they didn’t know it, yet, and he wasn’t sure that even made sense, but there it was-- because his young guitarist and his androgynous keyboard player were clearly fond of each other and he thought they would make a good couple.
Damn Jay’s pesky attraction for Scoey. The fact that the tall bartender was standing next to him and was watching the two with the same intensity as his own only confirmed his suspicions.  
“Do you think they…?” Scoey started to say, but didn’t finish the thought as he watched the two.
It was almost amusing that he had the same idea as Mick, even if it was for a different reason. “No. He treats her like a kid sister. I’m not sure he even sees her as a bird.”
Scoey huffed defensively. “He likes girls.”
Mick turned towards Scoey. “Oh, I know. Just not that one.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales