July Camp NaNo


This WIP is killing me. I suppose 5 years ago when I started this journey, I would have been thrilled to write a novel in 4 months. Now? Not so much. I have to remind myself that I really am limited on time and I did stop to write a short story in the middle of all of this. But I've stalled...terribly. I can't seem to just write the story. I write and then I edit. Hell, I'm editing as I write. I started this novel as my April Camp project (totally expecting to finish it in May, and when that didn't happen, in June) and I'm determined to finish it by the end of July. I did manage almost 2000 words over the weekend, bringing me to over 35500, and I finally got past the scene that's been killing me for two weeks. Fingers crossed, it's going to go more smoothly now!

Excerpt from Chapter 12:

“Did you have fun with my cousin Jenny?”
The words vibrated against Jeb’s lips but made no sense to his lust-addled brain. Everything in the world centered around the taste of Ian’s mouth. Garlic and cake and champagne. It really should have been disgusting, but there was a strange sweet/salty hint to it. Besides, his attention was solely on the man who’d pinned him against the wall with his body the second they’d stepped into the privacy of the hotel room. Jeb hadn’t even had a chance to look around. “Who’s Jenny?” he finally managed.
“The bridesmaid you were dancing with. She caught the bouquet, you know.”
“So?”
 “She wants to have your babies.”
Jeb laughed and pushed Ian away. “I don’t think so!”
“Hm, yes. I could see it in her eyes. All star-glowy. She’s probably downstairs planning your wedding. What did you tell her when you left her there? That you needed to use the gents? I bet she’s still waiting, thinking about baby names, hoping that you’re in the lobby booking a room for the night. How long do you think she’ll wait?”

Comments

  1. Umm...can't quite figure out if he's joking or having a go. Cute scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I kind of feel sorry for that poor deluded bridesmaid! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I really like it. I hope you sprint ahead with writing. My short story series keeps growing but I've made no attempt to publish. ~shakes head~ Thank you for sharing. And Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing!

    Although the thought of garlic and cake and champagne sounds a bit too daring for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got past whatever was holding you back with that one scene.

    This is certainly steamy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL

    I love the teasing in this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with wrestling this WIP to completion. I liked the banter here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble