Rainbow Snippets*

It may be the last official week of Fall, but the actuality of it is cold, grey days. The bit of snow we go two weeks ago is gone, turned to drizzle and rain. It's not feeling very Christmasy at the moment, even though the Christmas push is upon us. And that push is the reason I've not come even close to the goals I'd set. I'm trying to tell myself getting any words down is a good thing, but sometimes it's still discouraging!


            But for the Smoke and Sparks gang, it's early fall and they've gone camping. Because of a snafu with a tent, Daryl ends up bunking with Vaughn and Vaughn's best friend, Lindsey. Poor Lindsey is just beginning to realize she's the odd man out--sort of speaking!

(from Vaughn's POV)
            “Fuuckk, I was having such a good dream.” The mattress dipped as Lindsey rolled over and pushed herself up, resting her chin on my upper arm. “I was riding a horse with Jon Snow and… God, I’m horny now.”
News of Lindsey’s early morning horniness was nothing new to me, of course, but for Daryl, it was more information then he was comfortable knowing. I almost laughed at the shock flashing across his face but I managed to hold it in, keeping it to little more than a silent chuckle.
Lindsey yawned and rubbed up against me. I reached back and slapped her thigh. “Stop that and be good,” I admonished.
She humphed and then focused her attention on Daryl. “Don’t suppose you’re bi?”
Even in the dimness of the tent, I couldn’t miss the flush coloring the cheek I’d outlined with my fingertips only moments before. “N, n, no,” he sputtered.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. LOL. Poor Daryl! But perhaps he can relate to the effects of a dream about riding a horse with Jon Snow? I know I can! 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble