Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy New Year!

I don't make New Year's resolutions because I don't need the disappointment when I can't manage to keep them. But having said that, I'm making an effort to get organized. I started seriously writing in 2014 and I'm determined to make this the year I start publishing. So I spent January 1st building a website and updating my Blogger. I'm hitting the Headphones edits hard. And I've talked to an artist about covers for the trilogy. If I have a resolution, it's to be brave!


Peppercorn is still my #1 writing companion. He's just not so small, anymore.

For this week's snippet--every story needs a villain. In the Headphones trilogy, Annalise gets that privilege while Crissy is her unknowing accomplice:

Annalise threw her purse down and stared at Crissy, as if she’d arranged their great downfall. In whatever form that downfall might take. “Marcus says she’s sleeping with him!” Annalise spat out. 
Crissy wondered if she was missing part of the conversation. “Who’s sleeping with Marcus?”
“Not Marcus, you dim-wit. Micky. She’s sleeping with Micky!”
Still confused, Crissy asked, “Who’s sleeping with Mick?”
“That Earbuds girl. That mousy little bit of nothing.”
Now it made more sense. “Oh, you mean Headphones.”
“What?” Annalise glared at Crissy as if the drummer was the one talking gibberish. 
“They call her Headphones. You know, because of her headphones.” 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Heh, I'm already liking Crissy much more than Annalise, the latter who isn't coming off as jealous. Oh, no, not at all...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*-- Changing Seasons