Rainbow Snippets*-- Surely Spring Isn't Far Away

January is a horrible month for me. I can't do anything outside because of the weather, and I suffer from sun-deprivation depression, so all I want to do is eat and sleep. Last year at this time I was on a cruise-- sunshine and peaceful blue. I wish I could afford to do that every year!


The Headphones series takes place over the course of a year and The House is not only a building--in some ways, it's a side character with a sentience of its own. From book 1, In From The Cold, it's early February and Scoey has just moved in and is exploring:

Eventually, his explorations led him to a small parlor at the back of the building and the weight of the empty rooms pushed down on him as he gazed out the big bay window. He hadn’t bothered to turn on a lamp. It wasn’t needed as the snow reflected the muted light coming from the grey sky, casting enough of a glow for him to see everything clearly. Most of the first floor had been remodeled but this small room was still paneled in the original pine, creating an ambiance of warmth and comfort. It even smelled cozy with the scent of wood that hung in the air from the walls, furniture, and logs stacked next to a stone fireplace. Well read books with cracked bindings overwhelmed the bookcases and a worn soft leather couch was draped with natty hand-crocheted afghans. Scoey ran his hand over the back of the couch and knew this was going to be his favorite place.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous imagery, I feel like I'm seeing and smelling everything right along with him. (heart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the description here. I think it'd be my favourite place too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be my favorite place, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble