Rainbow Snippets*-- Six Weeks, Give or Take

Like everyone else, I'm ready for winter to be done We have so few sunny days here in January and I need sun! It feels like everyone is in holding mode and energyless. On the upside, I finished what I hope is my last pass of edits on In From the Cold and am now working on Sunshine Smile. Because the first two books have cliffhanger endings I want to publish them all at the same time. I'd considered publishing it as one book, but that would make it 180K+ words. I think it works like this. (At least, I hope it does!)

(I'm ready for color!)

The second book in the series very much becomes Scoey and Jay's story. They weren't really meant to be the main characters, but once I started writing, they took over. It's also when I realized m/m was what I wanted to write. Their romance is a slow burn because Scoey is very confused about what is happening (he's demi-pan). But occasionally, he isn't confused at all:

They lay like that, unmoving except for Scoey’s foot rubbing against Jay’s instep where their feet were tangled, tongues and lips slowly tasting with no urgency, silent exploration accented by sighed breaths through Jay’s nose and whimpered moans that weren’t much more than vibrations deep in Scoey’s throat. Their first kiss, if it could even be labeled as such, had been a quick don’t-blink-or-you’ll-miss-it peck and meant as a joke. The one in the storeroom had been spontaneous and desperate, leaving them both stunned in its aftermath. And the one in the car, well, it didn’t count, considering Scoey didn’t remember it. But this, well, this kiss was something warm and extraordinary; a lazy drift of lips, a languid dueling of tongues creating a haze of desire that misted through their veins.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Vivid, emotionally-driven descriptions that convey their passion! (heart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snippet. Very sensual. And I love the rationale that this was their first kiss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble