CampNaNo Begins

    Well, as of yesterday, 5 days in, I'm tracking okay. Today and tomorrow are going to be a challenge, just because of my work schedule. In November, when I did the NaNo challenge, we had enough extra help and I was able to leave early on occasion, giving myself an extra hour or two through the week, but that's not possible this time. If anything, it's a bit flipped-- I've been working extra. It's one of the reasons I kept my word count low. Before, I could do some marathon sprints on the weekends, but I think we've got something going every weekend this month, so I'm not going to have the same opportunities.

    But, on the upside, the story is starting to flow. Each book I've written has had a challenge at the start. Headphones was just me challenging myself to complete something, because I always started things, but notoriously never finished. And at 180K, I did! (Now to edit it into an actual printable format. That's next on my list.) Then came When Silverfish Dance.  The challenge there was simply to write a book. And I did. For Like Cracks In The Sidewalk, I wanted something darker and also I wrote it in 1st person POV, something I wasn't comfortable with at all. And it worked.

    So now, with Embers and Flame, I'm trying for something lighter. My plan for this one is to be a light rainy-afternoon read. The kind of book that requires a cup of hot tea while curled up on the couch, listening to the rain patter on the leaves outside the window. A little lovey-dovey, a little angst, and a happy ending. Sounds easy, but it so is not! And I'm writing it in double 1st person POV, just for the challenge that creates. Whether it'll work or not, I guess I'll find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Changing Seasons

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition