Headphones was an experiment, a story written in "snapshots", a serial, a comic in word form-- call it what you will. It ran for one year plus one day-- January 1st of 2015 to January 1st of 2016. It was the story of a group of friends who took in a damaged girl and helped her find herself. But on the way, she helped them fill the holes in their own lives. I've pulled it now with the hopes of rewriting it into a book. Each day was matched with a music video and each month's mixes are still here. So if you've stumbled in, enjoy the music, and hopefully I'll be able to post updates occasionally!


Monday, May 15, 2017

E & F Update

If it was a perfect world, I'd work steadily every day and finish this mammer-jammer by the end of the month. So very much not going to happen. I'll probably be lucky to finish it by the end of June. But we can always dream. I have noticed I work well with the NaNo challenges, but I think maybe it's because I keep track of my progress. If I have proof of progress, I keep my motivation up. To that end, I decided to keep track of my words each day. Total for last week was 3064 words, which averages 437 a day. Not where I want to be, but I had a couple of low-count days. I PDFed the first 12 chapters and put them on my Kindle, just so I could read without stopping to edit. And... maybe it's not a total disaster. My goal with this novel was to be a light romance, and I think I'm hitting that. It's harder than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment