It's June Already?

Gee-whiz, where is the year going? It's almost half over and it feels like it should still be March. Like they say, as we get older, time goes faster. One of the truest cliches I've ever heard! Anyway, low word count week for me, only hitting 2104. Again, a bit stalled on the storyline, partly because I was out of town for the weekend and partly because I'm at 46K on a story that I was planning on being around 50K and I still have a handful of plot points I had outlined and I don't want to try and squish them into 4K. So, I'm expanding my goal to 60K. 4000 a week will get me to the end of the month, and then maybe decide what I want to do about the July NaNo challenge. I've got a couple of new stories percolating in my brain, but I want to develop them more fully before I start writing, plus I reallllyyy want to get back to Headphones.  Have I ever mentioned I'm not very organized?

This week's excerpt comes from Chapter 4, and it's Cherry and Ben's first kiss, because I love first kisses!

There was no conscious decision, no agreement, no unspoken accord. I simply turned my head towards him as he turned towards me. Maybe we both meant to say something, some blithe remark about bullies or the luck of being connected to the right people, or maybe even some old cliché about life that never found its way out. So many maybes and possibilities. What I found was my lips against his, a brush of breath as we both inhaled at the contact. We pulled back at the same time, like reflected mirror images, but remained only inches apart, and my gaze dropped to his slightly parted mouth as the tip of his tongue flicked against his top lip, a flash, there and gone, and I wanted to taste him. I was breathless; I couldn’t think as my gaze went back to his widened eyes and I saw the intensity there as he tried to read me, as if he had a question in his head that was tumbled pieces that didn’t quite fit together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Changing Seasons

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition