Updating (Finally!)


It's been a while since I've posted. A combination of daily life stuff and laziness. No excuses, really! But I'm still editing Cut Shot, which is a long process for me, and not one I enjoy. But oh so necessary. I think I'm getting close to being done with this first, intense edit and then hopefully I'll find a few beta readers willing to give me some feedback. While I'm working on this, I'm trying to decide my next move. I want to finish the Headphones rewrites, but I also want to do another edit of Embers and Flame and get it ready to publish. All while plotting my NaNo Challenge project. Time is running out!


Snippet from Cut Shot (going back to an early chapter):
            “Have you ever heard of personal space?” Jed asked Ian as he took yet another step back.
Ian followed as if it were a dance. “Just checking.”
“Checking what? To see if I have dandruff?” Jed halted his retreat and leaned forward, stalling Ian from his next step with a lift of his chin and a stubborn set to his shoulders. He may have been an inch or two shorter, but at that moment he projected an aura of strength and magnitude beyond his stature.
And there he was, the man that Ian was searching for.


*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Sounds like Jed was pushing Ian just to get that reaction, which makes me really curious as to why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little healthy admiration is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious to see why Ian is making him so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales