Rainbow Snippets* -- Moving On

I finished my revisions by my goal date by some miracle. Now, to find some beta readers and wait for feedback. In the meantime, I decided to do my Vaughn and Daryl story for my NaNo Challenge. It's what I originally planned, but I've been wavering. I have so many things I want to work on and so little time. Hopefully, over the next week I'll get a blurb together and hopefully come up with a title I like. In the meantime, here's my last snippet from When Silverfish Dance, at least for the moment. Barry and Greg have gone for coffee and the discussion gets fairly heavy:

Barry reached out and grasped one of Greg’s wrists. “Greg, do you love her? You shouldn’t marry her if you don’t love her.”
His answer came out no louder than a whisper. “I don’t know. I care for her. Is that love?”
“Maybe. I’ve never been in love.”
“Can two men even be in love? I mean, real love?” Greg didn’t mean the question to sound so acerbic and he regretted it immediately when Barry’s fingers involuntarily clenched tighter around his wrist. “Sorry. That wasn’t nice. I didn’t mean… So, are you in love with Morgan?”
Barry’s answer was guttural, almost angry. “Men can love.” He relaxed his jaw and considered Greg’s question. How could he answer without lying? “And I’m in like with Morgan, I don’t know if it’ll turn into love. Only time will tell.”

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share six sentences from a work of fiction–a WIP or a finished work or even a 6-sentence book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Exquisitely raw, hearing them fumble for the words to explain what these people mean to each other. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both so confused and frustrated that I ache for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch that is a harsh question (and glad I'm not the only one wavering on their nano project)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales