Rainbow Snippets*-- Something New

It's again been a week of promo and editing with only a little writing actually happening. Something that usually works for me is keeping a "journal" of how many words I manage each day. Even if it's only 200, it gives me a psychological boost to see a physical reminder of progress. I want to become more disciplined which means setting some firm goals and working towards them. I've now been "home" for 2 1/2 weeks and I'm still not as organized as I'd like to be. It takes time. Like a friend of mine said when we were talking last night, it's like starting a new job and being completely unprepared for it (she's a kindergarten teacher--it's been quite a challenge for her!)

(early morning walk with the husband before it turned cold on us again!)

This week's snippet is the opening paragraph of the MS I'm working on now. It's a rough draft and will probably get changed 10 times. Cinders and Ash will be the third book in my Campfire Stories series. The first two are M/M but this one will be M/F. I've never written anything that was purely M/F so I'm looking at it as a challenge. Although it will be a stand-alone, the characters from the first two books will play big parts. It's going to be interesting to see if I can pull it all together! 

“It’s about time!” I muttered as I flung the door open. “Mr. Healy, that stupid valve--” Well, that wasn’t the balding, pudgy old man I’d expected. “You’re not Mr. Healy,” I informed the guy standing in the hall, as if he didn’t know. He shifted before I could get a good look at him and the ax in his hand swung out. I shrieked and slammed the door shut, stepping back. Oh, shit, he was going to “Here’s Johnny” me, I just knew it.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!