Rainbow Snippets*-- And Now For Something New

I had two projects in April I was concentrating on, but for the most part, they're done. I spent the first half of this week trying to get my bearings. I knew what projects were next, but it required a total reset-- different characters, different storylines. On the upside, I've found my footing the last few days. Or at least I feel like I'm on the right track!

(Mom and I, back in 1986 and then again in 2015. Time flies!) 

From Cinders and Ash: A bit long, but it was a fun scene to write. Lindsey and Brian clashed when they first met, but they start to see a different side of each other after Lindsey locks herself out of her apartment during a thunderstorm (and remember, it's the first rough draft!):

I should have knocked, but lightning lit up the sky just as I got to Brian's door, and with a strangled scream, I turned the knob and tripped over a rug in my hurry to get in. 
More inventive curses liberated themselves to echo in the otherwise empty room. All of the noise I was making must have filtered through the apartment because when I looked up, Brian was standing there, wearing nothing but a towel and soap bubbles. And, oh my, the front of him was just as nice as the back. But I only had a second to admire him before a scowl closed his previously gaping mouth. 
“What the--?” He stepped closer and looked down where I was still splayed out on his floor. 
“It’s raining,” I said, as if that was explanation enough, which by the tightening of his eyes, wasn’t. I rolled over and sat up. “I’m locked out. Do you have a key?” 
Brian reached down and pulled me to my feet. I half-hoped the towel would fall, and I let my eyes drop to check. “Eyes up here, missy.” Damn, he’d caught that.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Fun snippet -- made me laugh. I'm curious as to why Brian would have a key to her apartment. (I need to go back and read some past weeks' posts to get caught up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great fun! Love the pictures of you and your mom too. :-)
    ~Cie from Naughty Netherworld Press~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. One of my characters got locked out in just his underwear in a previous snippet. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!