Rainbow Snippets*-- The Morning After

      I love how characters grow from some random little thought, sometimes out of nowhere. Lindsey is very definitely one of those characters for me, so much so that she's had roles in the first two books of the Campground Stories series and the third book will be hers. I've never written an m/f romance, so I'm finding it challenging. Headphones, I suppose, is close because 4 of the 5 relationships in the series are m/f. But I also don't label it as Romance, more like Contemporary Fiction with Romance. This is a different beast entirely!


Click here for my New FaceBook Author Page!

This week's snippet is a little slice of Lindsey from Smoke and Sparks (the second book in the series). She is Vaughn's best friend and it's not unusual for them to sleep together. This comes the morning after a Halloween party where Vaughn's love interest, Daryl, had dressed up as Levi from Attack on Titan:

        The dream was so vivid I could feel Levi in my arms. And then through the magic that is dreaming, it wasn’t Levi, it was Daryl. Our legs were tangled together and his butt was against my groin. I knew it wasn’t real, but in the dream I was hard and he was grinding back against me. I could smell vanilla and long hair was itchy against my face as the dream faded. I had a handful of squishy breast and I woke the rest of the way instantly.
        “Tease,” Lindsey chided when I rolled away from her onto my back. She looked over her shoulder at me. My erection was wilting quickly which she naturally noticed. “I can lay on my stomach and you can pretend I’m a he. If you promise to use a lot of lube I’ll let you--”
        “Don’t even finish that sentence!”
        “You’re no fun.”


*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales