Rainbow Snippets*-- We're Live!

The week started out cool and rainy, but the last two days have taken an upswing that I hope is here to stay. In fact, my plan for this afternoon is to edit on my laptop on the deck this afternoon. Even though I didn't do CampNaNo, I'm feeling the need to take a break and evaluate my next steps. The upside is, the Working Stiffs anthology I collaborated on went live yesterday, and we had a really great first day. We even got an orange banner! I'm very proud of the book we've put out.

 I'm going to do one more snippet from my contribution, Fangs for the Memories, (at least for now!). This takes place towards the end of the story. Rollie's been injured and Aja takes care of him, while Oakley is watching. My plan is to write a series of short stories that start with Aja being turned and then publishing them together in one volume. So you'll probably see more of the gang over the course of the year!

“What--?” I asked when Aja sat next to me but my brain went fuzzier yet when he leaned forward and ran his tongue over the still oozing gash. It was like that first second of an anesthetic IV drip--every muscle in my body relaxed. I watched, half detached, as he worked, first healing the cut and then lapping at the drying blood that had run down to my hand. Maybe if he was as clinical as the room, I could have stayed in that gentle head-space, but he was making little moaning noises, the kind warmbloods make when eating a perfectly baked cheese-cake, and my detachment dissolved as he licked my wrist and then between each finger, leaving me panting and hard. 
Had Oakley not been in the room, I would have had Aja on his back and his clothes ripped off. As it was, a breathy “so hot” from the corner of the room was a reminder that we weren’t alone. “You don’t have to stop because of me,” Oakley said as Aja shifted, putting a few inches of space between us.

Available now on Amazon!

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!