Rainbow Snippets*-- Wonky Weather

The weather here feels more like September than it does August. It's good for my electric bill, but also means no swimming, which is usually the highlight of my summer days. 2020 is proving to be not simply an episode of The Twilight Zone, but a whole entire season. 


My current WIP is the third book in my Campfires series. I'm finally making some progress and I'm just hoping it's not a complete mess when I get done with this first draft. The first two books, Embers and Flame and Smoke and Sparks, are M/M, while Cinders and Ash is M/F, although the MCs from the first two books are side characters in this one, just like Lindsey was in theirs.  

This week's snippet, from Cinders and Ash, is from Lindsey's POV and she is speaking with Brian. She's having a bit of a panic attack:

“I’m not girlfriend material,” I stated matter-of-factly.
“I know. You told me that already.”
“But you are.”
“I’m girlfriend material?”
“No, you doofus. You’re boyfriend material!”
Brian read me better than I would’ve ever imagined because he grinned as he closed the space between us. Cupping my shoulders with his hands, he looked down at me. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to fall in love with you and drop down on one knee to propose.”  
“Yes you are!” I squeaked in my panic.
Brian gave me a little shake. “Should I slap you or kiss you?” 
I blinked up at him as I attempted to suss out his meaning. “What?”
“You know how they slap people in movies to get them to calm down? I figure a kiss works just as well.”
          "I’d prefer the kiss.” 


Headphones Trilogy, now available on Amazon KU and in paperback. 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Really nice exchange and I'm jealous. I wish it was feeling like September here. It's broiling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!