Rainbow Snippets*-- A Touch of Fall

The trees are starting to turn colors. It's been so dry I fear we'll have a predominance of brown in town, but at least the Nature Center, with its pond and wetlands, will have more to offer. 

 

In Smoke and Sparks, Vaughn is a fan of Attack on Titan and ships Erwin and Levi. Daryl, his roommate (and love interest), originally caught his eye because, to Vaughn, he looked like Levi. So come Halloween, Vaughn and his friends are dressing up as the various characters from the anime. This segment is from Daryl's POV. (first of four parts. Or maybe five...)
 
Vaughn was fidgeting so I handed him the butter and knife and went back to the eggs. “Uhm, got any plans tomorrow night?” he asked, concentrating on getting the butter perfectly spread, more than budget-bread toast probably deserved.
“Tomorrow’s Saturday.” I guess it was my turn to get sarcastic.
“Yes it is. But that doesn’t answer my question. Do you have plans?”
“Why?”
His exasperation was evident and I feared he was going to stab the toast so I grabbed the plates and slid the eggs onto them. He took his and sat down. “There’s a party. I thought maybe you’d want to go.”
He was nervous about asking me, as if he was afraid I’d say no. “Are you asking me out on a date?” I queried because he was clearly asking me out on a date and my stomach gave a little lurch. 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!