Rainbow Snippets*-- Wild Week

It's been such a rough week, and I didn't quite hit my goal to finish the rewrite/edit on Smoke and Sparks, but I've managed at least a couple of pages every day. It doesn't help that I have a plot-bunny bouncing around in my head, distracting me! I need to take notes and hope I don't lose the thread of the story. Too many ideas, so little time!

Silver has been my support-kitty this week!


This week's snippet is again from Smoke and Sparks, and is written from Daryl's POV. It's Thanksgiving day and Vaughn and Daryl are staying (and dog-sitting) at his cousin's house for the night:

What do you want, Sweetheart?” Vaughn asked.

This. You.” Desire was a liquid rush pumping through my veins. I couldn’t think and I clutched at him.

We have all night,” Vaughn said as he tugged at my shirt, pulling it out of my jeans. He ran his hand over my belly, rounded with the big meal I’d just eaten, and my muscles jerked at the touch of his fingers. A wicked gleam in his eye and the one-sided uplift of his mouth let me know he’d felt it. I probably would have stripped down and pounced on him right there-and-then, but Roxy picked that moment to butt up against me. I’d forgotten her again. I dropped my head with a moan. Cock-blocked by a dog. Life was not fair.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!