Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

It's turned cold and rainy. We, oddly enough, need the rain. It's been a dry Spring. But I could do without this cool front. I want to get in the pool, but it's not going to happen for at least a couple more weeks. 


Silver, our little lady, is giving me a pose. 

Lindsey, from Cinders and Ash, has been featured in recent Rainbow Snippets, but she made her first appearance in Embers and Flame. At the time, my daughter had dyed her hair green, and I really liked it, so Cherry's sister came into the story with green hair. I wasn't planning on writing a series, but Vaughn, Daryl, and Lindsey all took on lives of their own. They needed their own stories. Introducing Lindsey (told from Cherry's POV):

The knock came again, more insistent. I straightened and ran my hand over my shirt, doing what I could to smooth the wrinkles.  “Hey, that was–” I started to say as I opened the door, but instead of a gorgeous dark-haired hunk in black denim standing there, I found my green-haired baby sister. “Lindsey?” 
            “Yeah, you were expecting Zac Efron?” she said as she pushed past me and headed to the kitchen.
            “What are you doing here? And you have to leave.” I couldn’t hide the hint of panic that invaded my voice as I helplessly watched her dump out a couple of bags onto my counter.
            “What’s your problem?” she asked as she turned back towards me and tilted her head. “Oh, fuck, Zac is coming over!”
            “No,” was as witty as I was going to get at the moment, and I grabbed her arm to give her a tug. “But you need to leave.”

Embers and Flame Blurb:

After an amicable breakup, Charles “Cherry” Andrews’ ex left him the couch, the bed, and the camping equipment. Replacing the noises of St. Louis with crickets and birdsong at his favorite campground feels like the perfect vacation. He’d hoped to prove to himself that he’s fine on his own, but instead of finding inner-peace, he’s simply bored. His evening becomes instantly more interesting when a gorgeous guy with a loud motorcycle pulls into the neighboring campsite. 
Ben Torres hopes that a cross-country motorcycle tour will help him find his own peace after his mother’s recent death, but a faulty tailpipe curtails his plans within hours of leaving home. Luckily for him, the cute redhead in the next camp spot happily shares his fishing equipment as well as offering taxi service during a week-long search for parts.
An unexpected kiss on their last day together leads to an afternoon of discovery that turns into a summer romance that in turn becomes a long distance relationship in the fall. Everything would be wonderful if they could spend the rest of their lives in a tent by a lake. But Cherry’s overly involved ex-boyfriend sticks his nose where it isn’t wanted and Ben’s 17-year-old son has a hard time accepting his father’s bisexuality. Two-hundred miles may be the least of the challenges they face.

  

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Better than Zac is coming over. Now I’m curious as to why it’s a secret. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice moment (heart) Silver looks adorable (more heart)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why she's so eager to get rid of her little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens with my characters so often. They all need their own stories.
    Your post is included in this week's Roost Recommendations. I share the Roost Recommendations posts on Twitter with readers looking for their next read.
    https://ornerybookemporium.blogspot.com/2021/05/roost-recommendations-26-may-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see why he's trying to get rid of his sister so fast

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales