Rainbow Snippets*-- It's Raining...Squirrels?

This week has been all about squirrels. Or, more to the point, one particular squirrel. He's young and I suspect he tried to jump from one garage roof to the other and didn't quite make it. His back legs aren't working right. Hopefully, it's a broken leg that will heal and we can release him, but if he doesn't regain full function in a couple of weeks, I guess we'll be looking at hutch designs. 



Introducing Peanut.

Another snippet from Cinders and Ash, the third book in the Campfire Stories series. This snip is told from Lindsey's POV. Lindsey is aromantic and being with Brian is challenging everything she's always believed about herself:

      My heart did a triple beat as I stepped around Brian. He was partially blocking the doorway and I brushed against him. The smell of shampoo and soap enveloped me, and underlying that was, well, not a scent as much as his essence—heat and skin and vitality. I was confused. I was drawn to Brian in a way I’d never been drawn to a man before. Was this what Vaughn felt when he was with Daryl? Or maybe it was an echo of how Cherry always lit up when Ben entered the room. I still doubted it was the same. I didn’t envision wedding bells or a white-picket fence, but there was a connection, a need to comfort and protect him. It was confusing.


Cinders and Ash-- Blurb

Society expects women to want romance and monogamy, but Lindsey Andrews has no desire for either of these things—she’s quite happy with the occasional hookup. Besides, working towards her Doctorate takes up most of her time. Just because the new maintenance man has broad shoulders and looks good in tight jeans doesn’t mean she’s going to start dreaming of wedding bells.
          The job offer as a maintenance manager for an apartment complex in Missouri couldn’t have come at a better time for ranch-hand Brian Ashton. He needed to get away from Wyoming, but trading the wide-open sky for the tall buildings and traffic of St. Louis holds its own challenges. Meeting the caustic, green-haired Lindsey only adds to his stress. But it isn’t all bad, because she needs a fake boyfriend for a camping trip and he needs fresh air.
          Neither of them expect the weekend to change everything.  

  *Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Lovely scene! I like how you differentiated his "essence" from the other scents. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her sense of confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensual moment! Peanut looks adorable...I hope he heals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I really liked this. I hope Peanut heals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*-- Changing Seasons