Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!

One of these days I'm going to write a blog post on why queer romance, or any LGBTQ story with a happy ending, is important. Not just in general, but to me personally. But I want to take a moment to honor and thank all of those that came before me, paving the way. So brave, and so necessary. 💗

Our flag. 

From Embers and Flame. Ben and Cherry have been meeting up at a campground that is halfway between Cherry's home in St. Louis and Ben's home in Southern Indiana. It's been fun, but Ben is ready to take it to the next level (told from Ben's POV):

He let go of me this time, but didn’t move away. Cherry’s normally grey eyes were reflecting the world around us, and they twinkled green in the daylight. A smile spread across his face. “Are you asking me to go steady?” he teased.
           I slapped his arm with my open hand but grinned back at him. “Maybe? Do I need to pass you a note with a yes and no box for you to check?”
         “If I remember correctly, that’s how it works.”
         “Shit. I didn’t bring any paper or a pen. I guess you’ll just have to tell me.”
          Cherry laughed. “Sure, why not? It’s not like I got much going on now, anyway.”

Embers and Flame Blurb:

After an amicable breakup, Charles “Cherry” Andrews’ ex left him the couch, the bed, and the camping equipment. Replacing the noises of St. Louis with crickets and birdsong at his favorite campground feels like the perfect vacation. He’d hoped to prove to himself that he’s fine on his own, but instead of finding inner-peace, he’s simply bored. His evening becomes instantly more interesting when a gorgeous guy with a loud motorcycle pulls into the neighboring campsite. 
Ben Torres hopes that a cross-country motorcycle tour will help him find his own peace after his mother’s recent death, but a faulty tailpipe curtails his plans within hours of leaving home. Luckily for him, the cute redhead in the next camp spot happily shares his fishing equipment as well as offering taxi service during a week-long search for parts.
An unexpected kiss on their last day together leads to an afternoon of discovery that turns into a summer romance that in turn becomes a long distance relationship in the fall. Everything would be wonderful if they could spend the rest of their lives in a tent by a lake. But Cherry’s overly involved ex-boyfriend sticks his nose where it isn’t wanted and Ben’s 17-year-old son has a hard time accepting his father’s bisexuality. Two-hundred miles may be the least of the challenges they face.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. “Maybe? Do I need to pass you a note with a yes and no box for you to check?” … LOL ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice, light-hearted exchange.
    Your post is included in this week's Roost Recommendations. I share the Roost Recommendations posts on Twitter with readers looking for their next read.
    https://ornerybookemporium.blogspot.com/2021/06/roost-recommendations-2-june-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scene. (But now I have the George Strait song stuck in my head.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! I don't listen to country music so I had to look it up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales