Rainbow Snippets*-- Summer Vortex

It's been another of those weeks that passed without me. I mean, it happened, but I wasn't very present. I never seemed to know what day it was, nor what I needed to accomplish--so not much got accomplished. This whole last year+ has been like this, but some weeks are worse than others. Anyone else feeling trapped in this vortex? 


Dragonfly on a morning walk.

After months of editing, I began to feel like I'd forgotten how to write. So I've been writing scenes for a M/M/M story that's been brewing in my head for awhile. Hopefully, once the Campfire Series is published, Three Times Better (working title) will be more than half done and easy to organize into something coherent! I'm writing it in third person present, which isn't something I've tried before, but I like to challenge myself:

Scott follows Chris into the spare bedroom. “What are you doing?” Not that he really needs to ask, since Chris’ suitcase is open and he’s throwing clothes into it, not even taking the time to fold anything.
           “I think I’ve overstayed my welcome.”
           “Where will you go?”
           Chris stops packing, the spike of adrenalin that had guided his mantic movements draining away. “To my sister’s. I need to step up my house search. I’ve gotten too comfortable and I quit looking.”
          “If it’s comfortable, why leave? You can still house search.”
          “Don’t you see it, Scott?”
          Scott huffed out a sarcastic chuckle. “Apparently not! Tell me—what do I not see?”

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. I'm very curious as to what he doesn't see...

    And my work schedule has been so erratic lately that I'm having a real problem with days of the week and motivation, so you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what does Scott not see? Tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to know what Scott isn't seeing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!