Rainbow Snippets*-- More From "Fangs"

The boss is back from vacation so I'd hoped to get more writing done this week than I did. I don't know if it's the story or if it's me. But like always, I'll keep plodding along and eventually it'll all come together!

An echo of how I'm feeling lately--tattered and tired. 

More from my Fangs for the Memories WIP. It's 2004 and Alex is taking an Intro to Word class, and he's confused. Thankfully, the guy sitting next to him offers to help.  Told from (vampire) Alex's POV: 

“I just don’t get it,” I finally muttered, surrendering.
     “Need help?” whispered the young man sitting two desks over. I’d noticed him before, but hadn’t spoken to him. He ducked his head shyly when I snapped my head up to stare at him.
     “Help? Maybe just hit me with a club.” This was our third week of class and I was barely keeping up.
     He grinned at my exasperation. It was a cute grin. There were dimples involved and his warm brown eyes twinkled behind a pair of wire-rimmed glasses. And wow, it’d been years since I noticed the color of someone’s eyes. “It’s not that hard.”
     “Maybe not for you. You probably cut your eye-teeth on a mouse. This is all new to me.”
     He laughed. “What? Your high school didn’t have computers?”
     “Not a single one.” The closest I’d gotten to a computer in high school was watching The Jetsons. And I’d seen every episode of Star Trek during my college years. 60s television hadn’t prepared me in the least.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.


Comments

  1. Love both the description and the banter! (heart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude has got to be thinking Alex came from a severely underfunded high school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales