Rainbow Snippets*--Let The Madness Begin!

For those who did NaNoWriMo, I hope your month went well. I tried it twice, and made it through once, but that was before I started my cookie business. Now, the baking starts in October and won't end until a few days before Christmas, so very little gets done on the writing side of things. Maybe I'll use January as my challenge month. Just burrow in with a blanket and a cup of hot something, and try to ignore the cold outside!

Peppercorn found his new spot before we were even done!

This week's snippet is again from Fangs for the Memories. It's Thanksgiving and Alex is spending the evening with Rollie. Rollie is feeling guilty that he spent the day with friends and Alex is feeling, well, a myriad of emotions:

“Rollie, I’m sorry I can’t be with you during the day.”

“Because of your…condition?”

And I was reminded again that he had no clue to what I was. This was it, the moment I needed to spell it out for him. Because if either of us was lying, it was me, even if it was a lie by omission. I’d not purposely hidden it, but it had been nice, these last few months, having something, someone, who wasn’t part of my darker world. Someone who wasn’t connected to my sire and the Council. And I was afraid, if he knew, he would leave. 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales