Rainbow Snippets*-- Mantel Cat

Christmas in 20 days? I'm not ready! November was a busy month and I've got the feeling this month is going to be worse. Unfortunately, that means writing is going to be reduced to a few minutes here and there. Hopefully, I'll finish this section of Fangs for the Memories this month, and then hit the rest of it hard after the first of the year, while finishing up the edits of the Campfire Stories series. I'm looking to publish it soon. Fingers crossed! 

Peppercorn thinks the mantel is his. It's decorated now and he's not happy with me. 
He'll get it back in a month. 

Snipping again from Fangs for the Memories: A bit of a continuation from last week (part one here). Rollie feels guilty after spending Thanksgiving day with some friends, as if he has somehow cheated on Alex. Alex reassures him that it was alright. It results in their first kiss. 

  I didn’t get a chance to continue. Rollie’s hands were suddenly on my shoulders and I was being shoved against the wall with his mouth against mine in a hard kiss. It lasted only a few seconds before he pulled away, his eyes open wide as if he’d startled himself. Which I was sure he had--that had been unplanned and there was fear in those wide-open eyes, as if he thought I’d reject him. 
          “I… I’m sorry.”
          “Don’t be,” I said as I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. I didn’t push but I wanted him to know it was welcome. 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!