Rainbow Snippets*-- Blue Water Dreams

The January doldrums have hit. It's cold and gloomy and I'm dreaming of warm beaches. I haven't seen the ocean since January of 2019, but one of these days... There may come a day yet when I get to move south, but today isn't that day, sadly. But it's nice to daydream.  


This week's snippet comes from the third Campfire Stories book, Cinders and Ash. The group is sitting around the campfire, telling stories, but Lindsey and Brian's attention is less on the stories and more on each other: 

Brian didn’t tell any tall-tales of his own, although he laughed along with everyone else. I caught him watching me, little side glances, only because I was doing the same thing. We were too far apart for those small accidental touches, but his fingers lingered over mine as we shared a beer, passing it back and forth. I hadn’t done that, shared a drink, since I’d been in high school, but a strange thrill passed through me with each touch. I grabbed a stick and cooked some marshmallows, holding one up for him, and he bit into it, sucking on my fingers where the gooey mess had stuck. I gulped and he smiled. He was such an ass. And speaking of ass…
        “Is it too soon to call it a night?” I whispered.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Very natural scene.

    (What's funny is that just as I finished reading it my dog started to tell me that it's time to call it a night. LOLL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loved everything with the marshmallows there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snippet. Those last few lines made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales