Rainbow Snippets*-- Lost in Edits

I've done very little writing over the last month. Instead, I've been focused on editing the Campfire Stories series. I started this series five years ago, but I always have multiple projects going, hence the amount of time I've spent on it. I didn't realize it had been that long until I just now looked. Wow. No wonder I'm ready to be done!

We had our first real snow, but I don't like the cold, so I didn't take a walk in the woods until it was nearly gone!

Snipping from Embers and Flame once again (Book 1). This is the morning after Ben and Cherry's first night together. I have a thing for red-heads, so of course I had to write one! Told from Ben's POV:

Cherry’s chest rose and fell softly under my arm as he continued to sleep. We’d pulled a sheet over our bodies before we finally passed out, but it’d been kicked off sometime through the night and Cherry’s pale skin was luminous in the muted light. I couldn’t understand his comments from the evening before. The first thing I’d noticed when we met was the chaos of freckles that drifted across his nose and over his cheeks, and yet he had this idea that they were ugly. I wasn’t kidding when I’d said I wanted to lick them. I’d spent enough time tasting them to convince him I meant it. Not only the ones that confettied across his face, but also the ones lightly scattered down his neck to thicken again across his chest and shoulders.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!