Rainbow Snippets*-- Signs of Spring

 I took a walk in the woods last week (during the few nice days between back-to-back freezing rain and snow) and saw signs of spring. There were small patches of green and then I spotted a couple of robins on the way home. It shouldn't be long, now! 


Snipping from Embers and Flame. Ben is meeting Cherry's ex (and his new man, Jared) for the first time. It was an amicable breakup and Cherry is still friends with Ryan. Ben isn't impressed:

“Cariño, I need to use the facilities. Come with me.” It wasn’t that I needed to use the restroom as much as I needed a break from Ryan. The man wasn’t a total ass, but he completely overshadowed Cherry, and I began to understand his lack of confidence. The afternoon’s conversation was littered with subtle corrections and dismissals that were never thrown Jared’s way. It was obviously an old habit, something that went back to when they were first together. I could easily picture Cherry in his early twenties, shy and unsure. And I could equally imagine Ryan as the type to take the hesitant young man under his wing. He wasn’t intentionally mean or condescending, but it was undermining Cherry’s confidence, even now. It had to stop.

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!