Rainbow Snippets*-- In Like a Lamb

March came in like a lamb, sunshiny and warm. I even spent an hour on the deck, working on edits. And, yet, there is snow in the forecast this week. March weather is always a guessing game!


Just a few more weeks and there will be so many leaves we won't be able to see the sky through the branches!

I'm still deep in the Campfire Stories edits, but I always have other stories percolating in the background. One is an M/M/M with the working title Three Times Better. It'll probably be a year before I work on it seriously, but in the meantime, I'm making notes and writing scenes as they occur to me. This is from this morning:

“Hold your horses. I’m coming,” Chris called out as he pulled on his sweats after shedding the trousers he’d worn to work. He didn’t know what the stain was he’d picked up during the last inspection, and he didn’t care to figure it out. He just wanted it away from his skin. 
        Whoever was at the door, knocked again. “I’m coming,” he repeated, knowing they couldn’t hear him. Still, he gave an extra hard tug when he pulled it open, as if doing so would let the visitor know he wasn’t pleased. 

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. I'm curious about the stain, and sympathetic about the visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see who this visitor is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh to random mystery stains.
    That last line made me chuckle a little.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales