Rainbow Snippets*– Count Down

Embers and Flame releases this week, so here goes the jitters! And then I'm repeating everything with the next book. Once I get through that, I can concentrate on Fangs for the Memories. I'm thinking about publishing it on Vella. If you do Vella, let me know. I might need to pick your brain! 


Embers and Flame is a long-distance romance, and Cherry and Ben often have to deal with being apart during the week. It's not easy. This week's snippet is told from Ben's POV: 

“How late are you working? Can we Skype tonight?” I asked as I rattled around in my kitchen, throwing together a sandwich to eat in front of the television.
Cherry moaned into the phone. “I’m here ‘till at least midnight. It’ll probably be after one before I get home. Don’t stay up. I’ll be wiped out by then and no fun to talk to, anyway.”
“Okay, maybe tomorrow,” I said aloud, following it with a silent but I miss you so much now. That sentiment stayed in my head. I didn’t want him to feel guilty that we couldn’t spend more time together. Hearing his voice was better than nothing, but what I really wanted was him next to me, surrounding me with his heat, giving me his fire.


Embers and Flame 

After an amicable breakup, “Cherry” Andrews hopes to prove that he’s fine on his own. Replacing the noises of St. Louis with crickets and birdsong at his favorite campground feels like the perfect vacation. But instead of finding inner-peace, he’s simply bored.
Ben Torres hopes that a cross-country motorcycle tour will help him find his own peace after his mother’s recent death, but a faulty tailpipe curtails his plans within hours of leaving home. Luckily for him, the cute redhead at the campground happily shares his fishing equipment as well as offering taxi service during a week-long search for parts.
An unexpected kiss leads to an afternoon of discovery and a summer romance that in turn becomes a long distance relationship in the fall. Everything would be wonderful if they could spend the rest of their lives in a tent by a lake–but two-hundred miles may be the least of the challenges they face.

 Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Aww, so bittersweet! (heart)

    Vella, is that the Mac formatting application?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's vellum. Vella is the Amazon publishing program where you release your story in segments as a serial.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales