Rainbow Snippets*–Time Flies By

Is April really over? That month flew by quickly! I've spent so much time this month on formatting, publishing, and promo, I've lost track of time. I can honestly say, I never get bored!

But I've still managed to fit in a few walks to enjoy the Bluebells!

The three books in the Campfire Stories series all have camping scenes in them where the romances take their first big steps. In Smoke and Sparks, Daryl and Vaughn are sharing a tent with Lindsey. It puts a bit of a damper on things, as you can imagine. Told from Vaughn's POV:

“‘Morning,” Daryl whispered, doing his best to not wake Lindsey. 
“Sleep okay?” I whispered back. I wiggled to the edge of the mattress as I attempted to see him better. He mirrored my movements, bringing us only inches apart.
“Better than I thought I would.” 
Unthinking, I reached out and pushed his hair behind his ear. His eyes widened and he tensed but didn’t pull away. Encouraged, I trailed my fingertip over his cheekbone and then traced the straight line of his nose. His breath hitched when I reached his top lip, but I jerked back when Lindsey moaned behind me.  
“Fuuckk, I was having such a good dream.” The mattress dipped as she rolled over and pushed herself up, resting her chin on my upper arm. “I was riding a horse with Jon Snow and… God, I’m horny now.”

Lindsey gets her own story in book 3, Cinders and Ash. (On preorder now. Releasing May 26.)

Couch-surfing is fine for the short term, but what Vaughn really needs is a roommate.

Vaughn’s future was mapped out: Attend college in St. Louis. Become a Physical Therapist. Come out to his ultra-religious family-- after he’s financially stable and probably 40-years-old. But that was before he got caught with the pool-boy. Now he has to make new plans, quickly.

A small-town mechanic from Indiana, Daryl has never met anyone like Vaughn. He’s instantly fascinated by the tall college student in the skinny jeans and open-backed shirt. Vaughn is funny, intelligent—and wears silk underwear. Daryl is instantly smitten.

A temporary job offer moves Daryl to the city and solves Vaughn’s roommate problem. But while their former long-distance friendship has the potential to turn into something more, Vaughn fears he’ll end up heartbroken when Daryl moves back to Indiana. The spark between them glows brighter, but will it be smothered before it has a chance to truly ignite? 

 Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales