Rainbow Snippets*–And Three Means Done

The final book of my Campfire Stories series released this week. Now all I have to do is some occasional promo and focus on my next WIP!


Lindsey locked herself out of her apartment and ran through the rain to Brian's apartment to get the spare key. It goes as usual for her: 

I should have knocked, but lightning lit up the sky just as I got to the door and with a strangled scream, I turned the knob and tripped over a rug in my hurry to get inside. 

More inventive curses liberated themselves to echo in the otherwise empty room. All the noise I was making must have filtered through the apartment because when I looked up, Brian was standing there, wearing nothing but a towel and soap bubbles. And, oh my, the front of him was as equally nice as the back. But I only had a second to admire him before a scowl closed his previously gaping mouth. 

“What the–?” He stepped closer and looked down at where I was still splayed out on his floor. 

“It’s raining,” I said, as if that was explanation enough, which, by the tightening of his eyes, wasn’t.

Available at Amazon

Blurb: 
Lindsey Andrews has never had a boyfriend, and being aromantic, she doesn't want one. But during a moment of desperation, she latches onto her apartment complex’s maintenance man--a man she’s been sparring with from the first minute they met--and introduces him to her brother as her boyfriend. The fact she finds him sexy doesn’t make the ruse difficult.
Brian Ashton left his Wyoming family ranch for a new start in St. Louis. A week into his new job and the woman with the green hair in 2B already has him questioning his decision. The last thing he expects is the connection they form during a camping trip with her family and friends.
Pretending to be her boyfriend should be easy, but Brian’s beginning to realize nothing is easy when it comes to Lindsey. And falling in love with a woman who is there when he needs her, but still insists she can’t love him back, is the hardest thing he’s ever done. 

 Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!