Rainbow Snippets*--Happy November!

I'm six weeks into my Vella "experiment" and although I'm not getting rich off it, I'm glad I gave it a try. I'm sure there is a trick to the marketing that I'm missing, but I've not had time to research it. I think that will be a good project for January and February--those months that drag!

I'm still trying to get caught up after GRL,
but it was such a fun week that the extra work is worth it!

This week's snippet comes from Vampire Tim's first chapter. He's been musing on his and Oakley's relationship. To note, he's been a vampire for 15 years at this point, and he had a successful business when he was turned:

It was only minutes later when we arrived at my condo. Or, I suppose I should say our condo, since Oakley moved in after I got tired of going back and forth between our two places. I liked to believe it was my idea, but my place was twice as big as my walking, talking bloodbag’s former place, plus it was a nicer building in a better neighborhood. Now that I was thinking about it, I’m not sure it was my idea as much as his prompting. But I didn’t hate sharing the space–not that he needed to know it. And, my family absolutely hated it, which was icing on the cake. They still hadn’t forgiven me for changing, or more specifically, for not dying so they could inherit everything. Ever wonder what your siblings really think of you? Have lots of money and then don’t die. It’s eye-opening.

Want more? Fangs for Everything is now available on Amazon Vella


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!