Rainbow Snippets*--Looking Forward


I thought once the Farmers Market ended, I'd have lots more free time for writing and editing. That hasn't happened. Looks like the holidays are going to keep me busy. Not sure why I'm surprised!



Fangs for Everything is going up for pre-order shortly and then I have to decide what I'm working on next. I have several books written that need edits, a couple with partial outlines, and plot bunnies trying to catch my attention. But I think Like Cracks in the Sidewalk is at the top of the list. It started as my NaNo project in 2016 and I've learned a lot in the last 6 years. It deals with addiction and second chances and is much darker than what I normally write, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. 
 
The story is told from James's POV:

When I thought he was asleep, I slid out from under the blanket and sat up. As I leaned over to put my shoes back on, Val whispered, “Stay.” I froze and sat motionless. It was a plea and there was a sense of déjà vu, an echo of the first time he’d said the word; it had been a lifetime ago but all of the hope and fear and trepidation came back to me in a rush. I was undecided, divided on doing the right thing compared to doing what my heart most desired. And then Val said it again. “Stay.” How could one word, hell, one syllable, tear me apart? And yet it did. In the near silence of that room, with the familiar tick of the clock and Val’s hand on my wrist, I was lost.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!