Rainbow Snippets*—Old Things, New Things

I'm nearing the end of my Fangs for Everything journey. The last episode is up on Vella, the cover is back from the designer, and I'm working on formatting the ebook and paperback. Hopefully, the pre-order will be ready within the next two weeks, depending on how life goes, and then the book will go live mid December. Which means it's time to decide what my next project will be! At the top of the list is Three Times Better (working title), my attempt at a poly relationship. 


Yesterday's surprise. The weather report never mentioned snow! 
But it is giving my Holiday feels!

The plot bunny for this one started rolling around a little over a year ago and I have lots of notes. For me, getting the first chapter right is the foundation I build the rest of the book on. I've been debating who's POV I'm going to kick the story off with--Milo or Chris. This is Milo's. I may end up writing Chris' also, just to see which I like better: 

The music was all smoothness and velvet, melding with the darkness. The bass through the speakers thumped low and deep, an echo of Milo’s heartbeat. He imagined it originating inside his chest, spreading until it synced with the heartbeats of everyone around him, joining them with its throb. He danced with his arms raised and his head thrown back. The press of people filling the club were hurling themselves into the weekend, moving to their own rhythms as they brushed against him—whispers of cloth against cloth, bodies against bodies. The other dancers were heat against his skin, acidic sweat in his nose, a heaving mass that he was a part of, yet very much alone.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!