Rainbow Snippets* –Merry Christmas

Happy holidays to everyone who celebrates at this time of year. We keep it pretty simple at our house. I learned long ago it's not worth the stress. If it doesn't get done, it doesn't. There's always next year! 

Fangs for Everything released on the 15th, which did add stress to everything. The formatting program I use shuffled some of my paragraphs and I didn't notice until I started reading it on my Kindle. What a nightmare. I don't know why it happened. I've used it for all of my books and never had a problem. It's fixed now, but that took hours out of my already busy week. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, la. 

The snowmen on my mantel. I prefer the kind that don't involve layers of clothes, frigid temperatures, and wet gloves!

I'm snipping from a book I wrote several years ago but haven't published yet. (Maybe this will be the year!) When Silverfish Dance is the story of two men in 1973 who cook up a scheme to kill a man that has hurt them both, one through coercion, the other physically. But in the end, they become friends. Christmas and New Year's Eve are prominent in the book: 

Barry was confused. Morgan never mentioned the plan and Barry almost believed he’d decided against it. But if that was true, then why continue the charade? There was no reason for the two of them to spend time together, act like a couple, without it. Barry had no delusions; Morgan wasn’t interested in him beyond getting revenge on Simon.
And yet, on a clear Saturday night, Morgan picked him up and took him into the city. They walked around the heart of Chicago, admiring the lighted Christmas displays and peering into the decorated store windows, simply because Barry said he never had. It was the first time Morgan relaxed after their Thanksgiving weekend, laughing easily and even singing along with a group of carolers. He took Barry’s hand at one point when the crowd grew thin around them, a quick squeeze as he asked if he was having a good time, and then pulled him into a small diner where they ate chicken-fried steak and pecan pie. Briefly, Barry imagined they were a real couple. Surprisingly, it formed a warm lump in his chest.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!