Rainbow Snippets*-- Making The Old New Again

I decided to put the original draft of Headphones on Vella since it was written in serial style. Easy-peasy, I thought. Not so much. Turns out a big percentage of the snapshots were shorter than the required 600 words. So this project is going to take up more of my time than I'd first imagined!  


A snippet taken from the Headphones Vella: 

The voice echoes up the steps, hollow and heartbreaking in its isolated misery. Headphones feels like a voyeur sitting on the top step listening to Mick’s sorrow flow out in his song. The lyrics are new to her, nakedly emotional, a melding of words she’s never heard before. There is the possibility that they were authored by some other mind, but they’re too personal, the hitch in his voice too jarring. There is no doubt in her mind; they are Mick’s words, written after Joey’s death.

“I lost September
Death was there and you were gone
I didn't just loose September
It took my youth when it took you.
We were young and happy and carefree
And stupid
Now I’m old, sorrow and despair
shadowing me like Death”


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!