Rainbow Snippets*--Title? Who Needs a Title...

I worked an extra day this week while also working on cookie orders, which isn't as bad as it sounds, since I only work part time. But it also completely threw me off my schedule, to the point I've not been sure what day it is for most of the week. Funny how I've become such a creature of habit. 

rainbow colored banner with words love is love
Valentine's Day Special promo: click here 

I'm snipping from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk again. In the beginning, James "compartmentalizes" his relationship with Val, keeping him separate. The book is ultimately a second-chance romance, but I was trying my hand at writing something darker than normal, so the first third of the book is the building of the relationship. The next third is the downfall of it. And the last third is the rebuilding. This is the point between the first and second points. Told from James' POV:

   I was living a double life. My weekends were entirely for Val. There's magic with new relationships. The days sparkle in the sunlight and the nights are all star filled. I’d meet him at the venue of his Friday night set and follow him home. Safe behind his walls, we tore at each other, hot and desperate, and then slept until mid-morning on Saturday. In the evening I’d help him set up and tear down his equipment for his regular gig at Mason’s and after, we fell back into his bed, curled up together, our thirst already slaked the night before, sometimes doing nothing more than holding each other. And each Sunday evening, I’d tie my shoelaces and, with a final kiss, head back to my Val-less world.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!