Rainbow Snippets*–Counting Down

Silly groundhog! But, of course, no matter what a groundhog sees, we've got 6 weeks of winter, regardless. I'm going on vacation in 6 weeks, and it suddenly feels like I don't have enough time to get everything done! But I'm so ready. I'm going to spend a week and half with my bestie and it feels like forever since I've seen her. I can't wait!

sailing boat on the ocean
I'm so ready to see the ocean again, and feel the sun on my skin.

Snipping from my current WIP, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. James has taken Val to brunch with his mom, Shannon, and his friend, Paige. Shannon has upset James and he's fled to the bathroom, followed by Val. Naturally, Paige followed, also. Told from James' POV:

Before I could answer Val, there was a knock on the stall door and I pulled away and hung my head when I noticed the high-heels under the door. I opened it to let her in. “Paige, you need to quit hanging out in the men’s room.”

“Well, quit hiding in here and I won’t have to come find you.” There wasn’t enough room for three grown bodies in the small space, and the toilet paper holder was digging into my thigh, but she didn’t show any intentions of leaving us alone. “You’ve been gone too long. Shannon’s going to think you’re in here giving each other blowjobs.”

Val laughed. “And what wuz ya going to do if we were?”

“Watch, of course,” Paige purred.


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

Find my other links here: @sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!