Rainbow Snippets*--Moving Slowly

It doesn't feel like there's enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do. Or maybe I've slowed down in my almost old age! I've still editing. Hopefully, one day soon, I can concentrate on writing again. 

Picture of frog, his body submerged but his head sticking out of the water.
Sometimes you just feel like you're being watched!

Once again snipping from my current WIP, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. As part of James' job as a journalist, he's been assigned to interview Val. He's much more nervous than he ever imagined he would be. Told from James POV:

The table was jiggling and my drink was sloshing dangerously close to the rim of the cup. I watched the breaking waves, puzzled by the miniature tsunami that was happening in front of me. I sat up straighter in my chair, wiping my sweaty palms over my denim covered thighs, and was mystified by the way my coffee settled into sooty smoothness. The liquid resumed its dance when I slouched back into my seat and that’s when I caught it, the frantic tapping of my foot against the table leg, an involuntary reaction to my nervousness.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*—Time for a Break

Rainbow Snippets*–A Little Ramble

July Camp NaNo