Rainbow Snippets*– Unofficial Hiatus Over

I took a break, but (hopefully) I'm back. I got over busy getting ready for vacation, then I went on vacation, and now I'm still trying to get caught up after going on vacation! Why does it feel like more work to leave for a couple of weeks than it would if we just stayed home? But I got to spend time with my bestie who lives five States away, so I can't regret it! 

Sunrise over Nevis. 

This week's snippet is from the project I'm editing, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. James and his best friend Molly are at a dance club and she gets her first look at Val, a man she's heard of but never met. The book starts in 1995 and is from James' POV: 

“Wait! That’s Val?” Molly exclaimed, her voice pitching up into an almost-squeal. She looked like she’d discovered a secret I’d purposely kept hidden.

Val wasn’t a secret, exactly. Maybe he was more of a guilty pleasure.

The flashy guy was everywhere. He should have been nothing more than a bit of fluff mixed in with the masses, with his Kurt Cobain hair and sleeveless band t-shirts. Really, he was no different than any of the other young studs that cruised the club scene, but his angular face and the way he carried himself, self-assured and confident, somehow imprinted itself onto my retinas, and I always found him in the crowd.

“He’s the one you wrote the article about? The one that almost got you fired? That Val?”


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!