Rainbow Snippets*—Chugging Along

I'm working on three different projects at the moment. It's probably not the smartest thing to do, because it takes forever to finish anything. But I am making some progress, so I guess I'll count that as a win! 

Where I was a month ago. I alread miss the ocean. 

More from my current WIP, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. James has just told Molly that he's been given his own column at the newspaper and his first assignment is interviewing Val. It's 1995 and told from James' POV:

Molly’s laugh barked out, attracting attention from the nearest of our fellow guests. “That’s why you took the job! I should have known!”

“Th-that’s not why I’m doing it. Money. Remember? M-more money!”

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that. You like that guy, I can tell.”

“I do not. Hell, I’ve barely ever spoken to him. How can I like someone I don’t know?”

“Yeah, well, I like Kiefer Sutherland and I’ve never spoken to him. But I sure as hell ain’t kicking him out of my bed, should I ever find him there!”


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!