Rainbow Snippets*– Better Than Nothing

I'm having a hard time getting into a routine, finding that sweet spot in the day when I can sit at my computer and work for more than a few minutes at a time. Unfortunately, I don't think May is going to be the month I finally work it out! Oh, well, I guess a few minutes here and there are better than nothing!

Picture of a painted butterfly.

This week's snippet from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk is a continuation from last week. Val has agreed to be interviewed by James for the local newspaper's weekend supplement, and James is more nervous than he expected to be. Told from James' POV: 

I’d arrived early, hoping to scope out a good table away from any potential distractions, and I pondered grabbing a sandwich when a shadow at the door caught my attention. It took a moment for my brain to catch up with my eyes.
It was Val, but he was wearing a suit, making him appear trimmer than he did in his club clothes, and he’d pulled his hair back into a short ponytail. Honestly, he was barely the same man. This man was power and polish, serious to a point that I found intimidating. A spike of fear shot down my back as I doubted my ability to speak intelligently. My foot threatened to jitter right off my leg before I regained control enough to stand to get his notice, but I needn’t have worried because he’d spied me the moment he stepped through the door. His eyes crinkled in the corners as a wide grin spread across his face, and there was the Val I’d fallen for at the clubs.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Excellent descriptions. I can really sense the character's nervousness upon seeing the object of his affections. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!