Rainbow Snippets*--In Search of a Title!

Just to keep my finger in the writing part of writing, I always have a work in progress that I go to and add a sentence or three every day, with the thought that when I'm done editing the current project, I'll have something already started. At this point, I have several started. It's a huge question as to whether any will get finished, at the rate I'm going! 

Sun through the clouds over the deck of a cruise ship
Sunset on my cruise in March.

From a current still unnamed WIP about two men who meet on a cruise. This is Malcolm's first cruise. He's not even sure he wants to be there, but his friend Matt thinks it'll help get him out of his funk. Malcolm is waiting at the terminal, and things are going wrong already! Told from Malcolm's POV:

More dots appear at the bottom of my screen as Matt types. Dammit, this is a mess. I pace back and forth--five steps, turn, five steps, turn--and the dots continue to dance. “Ugh,” I moan as I stop walking, only to stumble back as a purple-haired woman on a scooter whizzes past. “Hey, watch it!” I start to yell, but it comes out more like, “Hey, warrrfff,” when my foot slips off the curb edge. As I fight to catch my balance, my phone flies out of my hand and my life flashes before my eyes as I face imminent death. It seems depressingly dull. Will my obituary list the cause of death as ‘hit by a cruise shuttle’? It’ll be the most exciting sentence of the whole thing. How undignified. 

And probably overly dramatic.


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!