Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Summer

Happy belated first day of summer!

Cookie Season, err, I mean The Farmers Market, is in full swing. If this year follows last summer, things will slow down after next weekend, but in the mean time I'm spending every waking moment I'm not at my (other) job in my kitchen. Turns out being on my feet all day isn't as easy as it used to be. My, how I've gotten out of practice. Now I'm really mourning the passing of my swimming pool! 

Swimming pool
My pool that is no more, and I'm really going to miss over the next few days as our temps skyrocket. 

Warning: This snippet from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk is from a sex scene, but it's not explicit. I just really like it. It's from James' POV: 

I ran one finger across Val's collarbone, leaving a white line with a scratch of my nail, and drew it down through the thatch of hair, tracing it where it spread across the contours of his chest. His legs were short and much more muscular than they appeared in his tight jeans, but he was long-waisted and I let my hands drop to the almost feminine curve of his hips. I could feel the bones shift under Val's skin as his undulating rhythm quickened. He arched back and the last of the sun filtering through the window made his messy hair glow. I was King Midas and he’d become this golden treasure at my touch. It was a momentary fancy, a waking dream, a specter; neither demon nor angel. Or maybe he was both.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!