Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

I'm snipping again from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. I said a few weeks ago that I was changing tense, but as I got farther into the story, I realized the way I'd written it originally does work better. So, although I still have plenty of work ahead of me, it's maybe not as much as I'd imagine. 

White flowered fleabane

James and Val met and moved in together, although they never really defined their relationship. It becomes dysfunctional eventually, and James gets hints of it but tries to ignore it. The book is a single-person POV, told from James' perspective: 

In the beginning of a new relationship there’s this constant need to be with the other person, to touch them, to kiss them, to hold them close. Sure, everyone says it’s about getting to know each other, fitting two lives together, that whole ‘making one from two’ thing. But really, who’s fooling who? It’s about the sex. And for us, it was all the sex all the time during that first half year. We may have single-handedly kept the condom and lube industries in the black. I’m not complaining, because it was fabulous and exciting and, dare I say it, there were lots of orgasms. See, nothing to complain about.
But sometimes the sex makes us stupid. I mean, I should have seen it, but I was so caught up in the euphoria of–yes, I’m going to say it again–all the orgasms, that I missed the signs that everything wasn’t perfect in our little house.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales