Rainbow Snippets*-- Trying Again

I've missed a few weekends of Rainbow Snippets, but life has thrown a few curve balls my way. Hopefully, the worst is now past and I can get caught up. (Note: We all know that's not going to happen! But we all have our dreams. Right?)

Pride Flag on my porch
Flying the colors!

Today's snippet is from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. The editing is taking much too long, but I decided to change the tense, so back to page one! This scene is in the early days of James and Val's relationship. Told from James' POV: 

Stepping out of the shower, I grab a couple of towels from the cabinet, wrapping one around my waist and handing the other to Val. Before he can dry himself, I pull him forward. He tries to stop me, but I take his hands and hold them between my own. 

“Please? Let me?” He sucks in a deep breath but loosens his tight grip. I’ve noticed he doesn’t mind being naked, as long as I’m not really looking. That he’s allowing me to dry him does a strange thing in my chest, some kind of tightness that radiates out until it settles in my throat.


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Aww, sweet scene! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the big step they're taking here with him allowing himself to be toweled off

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!