Rainbow Snippets*-- Busy Busy

I've become a busy person. I work part time at a grocery store, I have a booth at our local Saturday Farmers Market which requires hours of baking each week, and I write. Except the writing happens in short spurts because the other two things take up most of my time. It would be okay if I was quicker at editing. But alas, I'm slow, slow, slow. Still, I'm almost done with this round of edits, so I'm going to take that as a win!

field of wild flowers
After nearly two months without rain, we have finally had some short storms. It's not enough to raise the lake levels much, but the plants sure have responded to it. 

Snipping again from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. Poor Val had a traumatic childhood and it has resulted in reckless behavior on his part, which sometimes leads to anxiety attacks. This scene is early in James and Val's relationship and James has just witnessed an attack for the first time. Told from James POV:

Val fell asleep tucked under my arm during the last movie, but even after he woke, he looked wiped out, as if he was coming off a multiple day illness. Dark circles were bruise-like under his eyes and his color was sallow. I didn’t want to leave, but as the sun began to sink, I rose and gathered my things. He remained silent, not moving from his nest. I kissed him and promised to call the next day, and still he didn’t say anything until I started to pass through the doorway into the hall.
“Stay,” Val said in a voice that was part pleading and part hopeful.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Busy, busy! Glad you're finding time to write, too. This is such a sweet snippet! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Val, this is a sweet snippet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Such a soft, sweet snippet. James should definitely stay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!