Rainbow Snippets*—Fifty Four Years Ago

School started here this week. Where has the summer gone? Life has been so busy and I don't know when it's going to slow down. I'm at one of those turning points we all have in our life, but at the moment I'm not sure which direction it's going to take. 

Woodstock August 16-18 1969. 3 Days of Peace and music and a vampire.

I'm snipping from Fangs for Everything since Woodstock happened 54 years ago this week. It always fascinated me, even when I was a kid. I was 5 years old in '69. Too bad my folks hadn't been hippies and gone! The story starts when 350-year-old vampire Artemis goes to Woodstock with a couple of young hitchhikers, and has just awakened in the back of his van after the second day: 

When I woke up, I wasn’t alone. Alex was sitting cross-legged, humming and rolling marijuana cigarettes. “Hi! Want a smoke?”

“Not my thing.” I could inhale, and my sense of smell was sensitive, but it took effort and wouldn’t get me high. I could hear people close by and music feeding through the stage speakers, but no rain. “It quit raining?”

“For the moment. But it’s cool. Everyone's hanging loose. I mean, there’s so much love out there. There’s people from everywhere.” He spread his arms over his head, swaying with wonder on his face. “And they’re all grooving to the music. It’s beautiful, man. You gotta get up and come see.”

“You’re high.” I wasn’t being accusatory, but simply making an observation.

“The entire world’s tripping, man.”


Available on Amazon in ebook, print, and Vella.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!